2 Apprentice Coopers
- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Engineering / Technical
- Closing Date
Are you a confident self-starter with ability to work on own initiative, with a flexible approach and prepared to undertake additional tasks to support overall site strategy? If so, then this could be the opportunity for you!
We are looking for 2 Apprentice Coopers to develop the skills to safely and efficiently process casks through the Cooperage operation within Spirit Supply in line with scheduled requirements whilst remaining compliant with all legislation.
As a vital member of the Spirit Supply Team, you will be responsible for a number of key tasks including:
- Ensure that safe working practices and quality procedures are strictly followed to ensure compliance with Irish Tax & Customs, environmental legislation, ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and FEMAS requirements and to produce a safe product.
- Develop skills to repair/rejuvenate empty casks in accordance with compliance requirements for all storage profiles.
- To carry out cask handling and related Cooperage activities as required in compliance with Health & Safety and Environmental procedures.
- To conduct quality checks on casks, reporting as necessary in line with procedures.
- Maintain stock records and carry out stock checks as required.
- Maintain housekeeping within required site standards.
- Ensure areas for improvement are highlighted, recorded and actioned.
- Working within a high performing team culture, contribute appropriately to team meetings and support the implementation of site strategy, production plans and continuous improvement projects.
We pride ourselves in embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
It is essential that you have Level 1 / Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office with a natural interest in practical woodwork activities. It is desirable that you are an FLT Operator with an awareness of Spirit Supply area activities and responsibilities.
Please note that this recruitment process may also be used to identify suitably qualified candidates to fill similar vacancies which may arise in the future at Tullamore Distillery.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the skills required, please see the success profile by following the link below.