Accounts Payable Team Leader
- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Closing Date
Reporting to the Group Cash Management and Payments Leader, this role will manage and evolve the Purchase to Pay function within Group Finance, including the application and development of a strong controls framework and the drive for continuous team and functional improvement.
We are looking for candidates with a sound knowledge and understanding of double-entry accounting, proven staff management capability and the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels across the business
As a vital member of the Group Finance team, you will be responsible for a number of key tasks including:
- Lead, nurture and promote the Accounts Payable function as a ‘Centre of Excellence’, developing Best Practice and supporting the team to evolve to meet the changing needs of the group as it delivers its strategic vision, in line with the Company Purpose and Values
- Own, develop and apply a robust Accounts Payable control framework;
- Deliver and evolve monthly AP reporting, ensuring completion of month-end financial processes, reconciliations, analysis and production of KPI’s;
- Own and regularly review the Accounts Payable ‘Bible’, ensuring that current procedures are fully documented and followed
- Support the global business with P2P for Accounts Payable and the Non-Stock Purchase Order process, and build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to optimise engagement levels and the quality of service provision;
- Respond to any structural changes in the group (mergers, acquisitions and/or integrations) or legislation changes with a robust change management (scoping, planning, preparation and go-live) and a seamless transition to BAU (Business As Usual)
- Review processes on an ongoing basis to identify opportunities for continuous improvement, prepare and present improvement proposals for discussion with line manager and wider team, and execute where appropriate;
- Adopt and promote a ‘one team’ approach to Finance, in support of the delivery of a Global Finance function
We pride ourselves on embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the responsibilities involved, please see the role profile by selecting the "download PDF" link at the top of the page.