Accounts Payable Team Member
- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Closing Date
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Team Leader, this role will operate within a fast paced, high volume environment, to ensure the accurate and timely processing of the Group’s supplier invoices and preparation of bi monthly, multi-currency supplier payments ensuring compliance with contracted payment terms and in accordance with the Group’s Banking Matrix.
We are looking for candidates with sound knowledge and understanding of double entry accounting, together with an Accounts Payable background in a global organisation, with complexity of multi-currency payments
As a vital member of the Finance Team, you will be responsible for a number of key tasks including:
- Processing of multi-currency supplier invoices via IFS to Accounts Payable Ledgers for a number of Group Companies, including overseas subsidiaries
- Preparation of multi-currency supplier payments ensuring authorisation levels in line with agreed approval limits
- Reconciliation of Accounts Payable Control Accounts for month end and year end in accordance with Group Management Reporting timetable
- Proactive management of trade creditors, including monthly reconciliation of supplier’s statements
- Maintenance of supplier’s basic data within IFS including addition of new suppliers, updating bank account details ensuring adherence to documented controls
- Provide training and support to the business on the non-stock purchase order process
- Daily liaison with both internal and external customers in order to meet stakeholder needs; build and maintain strong relationships with internal/external customers to maximise stakeholder engagement and the quality of service provision
- Review processes on an ongoing basis, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, and propose/ implement them with input/authorisation from the Group Finance Accounts Payable Team Leader, as appropriate.
We pride ourselves on embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the responsibilities involved, please see the role profile by selecting the "download PDF" link at the top of the page.