Apprentice Cooper - Dufftown
- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Closing Date
Are you a self-starter and has the confidence to work on their own initiative? If so, this could be the opportunity for you.
We are looking for an Apprentice Cooper to develop the skills to safely and efficiently process casks through the Cooperage operation within Spirit Supply in line with scheduled requirements and compliant with all legislation.
Based from our flagship Distillery in Dufftown, the spiritual home of our company, where our founder created the first dram of Glenfiddich 125 years ago, this role will support and enable the ambitious plans of a growing global spirits company with a portfolio of premium brands, including Glenfiddich, Hendricks Gin and Grant's whisky to name but a few.
As a vital member of the Spirit Supply Team you will be involved in a variety of exciting projects which will include:
- Repair/rejuvenate empty casks in accordance with compliance requirements for all storage profiles.
- To carry out cask handling and related Cooperage activities as required in compliance with Health & Safety and Environmental procedures.
- To conduct quality checks on casks, reporting as necessary in line with procedures.
- Maintain stock records, carry out stock checks as required.
- Maintain housekeeping within required site standards.
- Contributes appropriately to team meetings and supports the implementation of team strategy, plans and continuous improvement projects including maturation project.
As the largest Scotch whisky distiller still remaining in family ownership, we take a long term view of our business and are committed to developing and supporting our people.
Our distilleries are the heart of that our commitment to grow and the people and teams that keep the lights on are essential to everything we do! So if you think you’re the type of Rare character that could be part of our family and thrive in a pioneering and agile environment then we would like to hear from you!
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the skills required, please see the success profile by following the link below.