Area Manager, Northern California
- Home Based
- Job Type
- Commercial / Sales
- Closing Date
Managing and overseeing all area activities through distributor/broker organization, with emphasis on securing senior distributor/broker management commitments to WGS goals and initiatives. The Area Manager ensures (in coordination with the Region Manager) that distributor efforts are focused on appropriate accounts, territories, and priorities in order to achieve WGS long-term objectives. Manages and develops a team to deliver outstanding results.
- Working with District Manager and distributor management in the development of business plans for covered markets and being accountable for the results of the business plan. Pre-planning all WGS activity in the market, including volume planning, spending initiatives, and KPI objectives.
- Execution and management of US and Global WGS pricing strategies on all brands
- Secures senior distributor/broker management commitment to WGS goals and initiatives. Conducts business reviews with distributors in order to ensure WGS goals are achieved.
- Maintains and analyzing market performance in order to ensure WGS goals are achieved. Routinely analyzing distributor/broker execution performance as well as analyzing and gauging competitive activity in the market.
- Monitoring all in-market spending to ensure that monies are effectively spent, maximizing value creation. Managing budgets with direct reports so that spending stays within assigned budgets. Preparing reports for Region Manager.
- Developing relationships with key members of the trade (retailer on-premise accounts, etc) in order to develop WGS brands in the market. Gaining appropriate commitments to WGS initiatives.
- Providing education/training to distributor/broker sales organization(s) and to key, influential members of the trade (retailers, bartenders, wait staff, etc). Develops talent within organization in order to increase individual's value to WGS.
- Achieving profit targets based on objectives for area of responsibility
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- Computer skills necessary to evaluate market performance and communicate internally & externally
- Strong personal drive and individual initiative in daily routine
- Advanced influencing skills and distributor management capabilities
- Solid problem solving skills and good analysis skills
- Ability to manage difficult, complex markets and achieve business objectives
- Strong finance and budget background
- A strong background in the spirits and wine industry is required, with the number of years experience dependent on the complexity of the region. A minimum of 5 – 7 years experience, with supplier-side experience highly valued
- Excessive travel might be necessary, occasionally requiring air travel; must have a valid driver’s license
- Open to relocation opportunities
- Customer service skills a plus
- Prior people management experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred