Area Manager – Western Europe
- Europe (Excl. UK & Ireland)
- Job Type
- Commercial / Sales
- Closing Date
Are you a self-starter, able to work on your own as part of a remote team? If so, then this may be the perfect opportunity for you to join a dynamic global spirits company and make a valued contribution to the Quality Spirits International team.
We are looking for an Area Manager to deliver QSI Commercial objectives and maximise business opportunities within Western Europe to optimise annual financial results.
Based in market (Paris ideally but other central locations will be considered), and with the requirement to travel widely, sometimes at short notice, this role will effectively manage existing business in the area, whilst also identifying and realising new business opportunities.
As a vital member of the team, you will be involved in a variety of exciting projects, which include:
- Pro-actively manage the existing Customer Base, acting as the key point of contact / interface for all Customers within the Area remit. Build, maintain and manage strong Commercial relationships with these customers to maximise the quality of service provision and deliver Annual budgeted profit and plans.
- Prepare Annual Business Plan for discussion & submission to both the QSI Regional Manager Europeand QSI Managing Director.
- Identify new Business opportunities, both Customer and Product, within the Area remit, making commercially relevant proposals to the Regional Manager Europe to maximise QSI Business levels.
- Monitor and review Area financial Profit and Loss information on a monthly basis to ensure delivery of budgeted commitments. Identify and highlight any opportunities, shortfalls / risks and any remedial action plans required.
- Build and maintain high level of awareness of market trends, both industry and sector, to ensure that agreed sales plans and forecasts are optimised and that ongoing plans are aligned with market place situation. Make recommendations as to any adjustments/amendments as required/appropriate.
- Develop strong internal relationships with key UK internal Departments including Customer Service, Credit Control etc. Circulating detailed reports following meetings in market to all relevant stakeholders.
We pride ourselves in embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
Essential/Desired Skills and Experience
You should be flexible in your approach and able to manage your workload autonomously from a remote location. Candidates must be fluent in both written and spoken French.
Candidates must have a commercial background including direct experience of leading and concluding negotiations for private label contracts with major multiple retailers.
Experience in the drinks industry would also be advantageous.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the skills required, please see the success profile by following the link below.
As the largest Scotch whisky distiller still remaining in family ownership, we take a long term view of our business and are committed to developing and supporting our people.