Brand Ambassador, The Balvenie East
- Home Based
- Job Type
- Closing Date
Are you a passionate, inspirational Spirits professional or a whiskey expert looking to contribute to a growing global spirits company with a portfolio of premium brands, including The Balvenie, Glenfiddich and Hendrick’s Gin, to name a few? If you are, then this could be the opportunity for you.
Home-based in the New York area, you will be involved in a variety of tasks and projects which will include:
- Inspiring consumers and the trade to become advocates of The Balvenie. The Ambassador will exemplify the brand values of discovery and exploration with a witty, vivacious personality and a high level of integrity.
- Working with agencies on identification of sponsorship and partnership opportunities within brand guidelines and the execution of recruitment and reward event programs
- Developing and maintaining a close relationship with national journalists as well as local journalists in each market for trade, industry and lifestyle media. Using opportunities to build awareness around events, rare and vintage releases, and the distillery
- Utilizing web assets to develop awareness around the brand, recruiting new consumers and ultimately rewarding loyal consumers
- Being responsible for distribution of the core range, staff training, regular attendance/relationship building and consumer sampling at key on-trade accounts in each core market
We’re a pioneering company always looking at new ways of improving what we do, so you shouldn’t be surprised if your expertise, knowledge and opinion are asked for beyond your normal day to day work.
To be successful in this role you do need to have a certain level of qualifications and experience which includes:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong spirits background, either through professional experience (e.g. bartending, marketing) or strong personal interest / hobby
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build sustainable rapport with key contacts within the business and wider consumer group, in formal and informal (social) settings
At William Grant & Sons, we take a long term view of our business and are committed to developing and supporting our people. We are also committed to expanding into new markets globally, and now have a network of offices around the world managing the production, sales, marketing and distribution of our portfolio of brands in over 180 markets.
Our distilleries are the heart of that our commitment to grow and the people and teams that keep the lights on are essential to everything we do! So if you think you’re the type of Rare character that could be part of our family and thrive in a pioneering and agile environment then we would like to hear from you.