Business Development Executive - Edinburgh
- Home Based (UK)
- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Commercial / Sales
- Closing Date
We have a truly exciting opportunity for a Business Development Executive covering Edinburgh and the surrounding areas to join the Commercial Team within WG&S UK. We are looking for a dynamic and proactive individual with a strong passion for the drinks industry, who can demonstrate an ability to build brand advocacy and deliver strong commercial results.
This is a diverse role incorporating both sales and On Trade marketing activities on a daily basis, meaning that no day will be the same. Working with leading bars, restaurants and other On Trade accounts, the successful candidate will be required to continue to build strong relationships with our existing customers and will also have the opportunity to acquire new accounts in Edinburgh and surrounding areas. While previous sales experience in the drinks industry is not essential, candidates are required to have a strong understanding of the On Trade market (preferably of the Scottish On Trade market) and an evident passion for the liquid. All interested candidates must have a full UK Driving License.
The majority of the time (four days a week) will be spent out in the trade, with one day working from home or from the office to focus on writing proposals and completing admin tasks. The role involves a level of numerical work and assumes P&L responsibility, hence confidence of working with numbers is essential and previous experience of working with and building P&L would be a strong advantage. The successful candidate also needs to have strong organisational skills and be able to work independently with minimum supervision. Most importantly, we are looking for someone with fantastic networking and relationship building skills, who can rapidly become the East Scotland expert within our team.
Other responsibilities include:
- Managing a core number of premium, select and exclusive accounts within Edinburgh and surrounding areas to deliver the brand building plan and activation programme
- Driving perfect serve, sampling, tailored competitions, menu presence, permanent unique brand visibility and lighthouse accounts within the territory
- Networking with the key influencers in Edinburgh and surrounding areas
- Working with Brand Ambassadors to deliver brand training to bar / F&B professionals
- Working with Route to Market contacts to network and maximise the opportunities within the territory
- Using P&L to deliver profitable long term growth
- Making commercial decisions on where best to spend your time and invest in our assets to drive growth in the right accounts
- Identifying and winning new and suitable outlets within Edinburgh and surrounding areas
- Promoting our brands through own social media outlets and that of customers
- Effectively planning and managing your working day to ensure coverage is achieved at key trading times of customers. This will involve evening / weekend work and a requirement to live within easy reach of Edinburgh
This is a great role for a commercially savvy and ambitious individual who wants to have fun at work and share their strong passion for our fantastic brands with customers. If this sounds like you, please email email@example.com with an up to date copy of your CV and a cover letter including the following:
- Confirm you have the right to work in the UK
- Confirm the notice period from your current role
- Outline your current salary and expectations
Due to the anticipated high number of applicants, please note that we will only contact those short listed for further consideration.