- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Closing Date
We are a growing global business with big ambitions and are going through an exciting 5 year transformation. Our Legal team are huge asset to our company, offering advice and support on all aspects of commercial activity, including contracts, compliance, IP, brand comms, data protection, competition and anti-bribery. You will provide practical legal support and advice to the WGS business, to ensure that all Group activities are carried out in compliance with relevant laws and Group policies.
- In all areas of work, continually striving to meet the standards and ways of working set out in the Legal Team’s legal excellence initiative.
- Providing legal support and advice to the Operations, Whisky Stocks, QSI, EMEA Region and Central Services functions of the Group.
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, including distribution, agency, supply, bottling and stocks.
- Advising on aspects of competition, bribery, data protection and other compliance matters, to ensure commercial activities comply with applicable laws.
- Contributing to the maintenance and development of the Legal Team’s knowledge and know how management system.
- Managing external law firms (to ensure they provide high quality, pragmatic and cost-effective advice and assistance).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Law degree and right to practice in the United Kingdom.
- Post-qualification experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial and corporate agreements. (2+ yrs PQE)
- Experience in developing and rolling-out engaging and effective legal training to non-lawyers.
- Experience in alcohol/beverage sector or advising other brand-led businesses.
- This role is based in Bellshill, with occasional travel to other William Grant offices in London and 3-4 times a year abroad.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the responsibilities involved, please see the role profile by selecting the "download PDF" link at the top of the page.