Commercial Finance Manager
- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Closing Date
To provide expert financial support to the WG&S brand teams, and to the Commercial Business Unit Controllers and their teams, supporting current and future business opportunities with analysis and insight, working closely as part of cross functional teams.
To lead the budget and LE process, the appraisal and review of ongoing KPI targets, maintain a strong understanding of operational and commercial issues, and to head up the Finance input to WG&S Business Reviews.
- Business Partnering with Commercial and Marketing functions to ensure the delivery of profit and key financial metrics across all brands.
- Business partner with Commercial Business Unit controller(s) and their team to ensure delivery of channel Profit and key financial metrics in line with targets.
- Provide expert financial support for functional heads and the Director team when evaluating new opportunities across the business, including new product development and financial modelling / scenario planning to provide solutions to key business challenges.
- Work collaboratively with relevant commercial and marketing teams to ensure delivery of other key business measures - stock efficiency, credit control, overheads. Liaise with other finance and Supply Chain functions to provide accurate and insightful management information to support this.
- Lead the budget and LE process for dedicated commercial business unit and WG&S brand teams, supporting them in the delivery of a robust plan.
- Support the wider budget and LE process ensuring accuracy across the business and providing key analysis and insights to the Director team.
- Work closely with Brand and Commercial teams to develop a promotional plan to support the overall business strategy.
- Lead the investment appraisal process for their commercial business unit and marketing, evaluating profitability and ROI of promotions, ensuring key learnings are monitored and implemented where appropriate.
- Regular cross functional reviews with commercial business unit and key brand teams, feeding back on key business measures and reviewing ongoing business issues.
- Maintaining an expert knowledge of our systems, and exploring opportunities to optimise their use. Liaise with Finance super users as appropriate.
- Maintaining good knowledge of ongoing industry developments and those specific to their commercial business unit, working pro-actively with commercial business unit controllers to manage issues and assess opportunities.
- Leading the day to day workload and development of their team.
- Maintain high levels of financial controls, ensuring delivery of strong performance through Internal and External Audits.
- Brand owner management, leading the day to day financial relationship with relevant Brand Owner(s) and ensuring delivery of key financial metrics across our agency brands.
If this sounds like the job for you, please email email@example.com with an up to date copy of your CV and a cover letter including the following:
- Confirm you have the right to work in the UK
- Confirm the notice period from your current role
- Outline your current salary and expectations