Commercial Purchasing Analyst
- New York
- Job Type
- Closing Date
Are you a diligent, focused finance professional? Would you like to contribute to a growing global company with a portfolio of premium brands, including Glenfiddich, Hendrick’s Gin and Milagro Tequila, to name a few? If you are, then this could be the opportunity for you.
Based in New York, New York, you will be involved in a variety of tasks and projects, which will include:
- Processing Purchase Orders receipt on a timely basis to ensure A&P spend is recorded accurately and in the correct accounting period.
- Supporting the Regional and Accounting teams with the reconciliation of Distributor Billbacks Work with Division and Accounting teams to re-classify any incorrectly coded A&P charges
- Preparing monthly reports on PO compliance and spend analysis
- Supporting Regional Finance with analysis of PO expenditures vs. budget and assist in the calculation of accruals
We’re a pioneering company always looking at new ways of improving what we do, so you shouldn’t be surprised if your expertise, knowledge and opinion are asked for beyond your normal day to day work.
To be successful in this role you do need to have a certain level of qualifications and experience which include:
- College degree or equivalent with a major in Administration, Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years experience with G/L and financial accounting
- Experience in A&P analysis along with related P/L accounts
- Knowledge of financial reporting
- Technical analytical skills
At William Grant & Sons, we take a long term view of our business and are committed to developing and supporting our people. We are also committed to expanding into new markets globally, and now have a network of offices around the world managing the production, sales, marketing and distribution of our portfolio of brands in over 180 markets.
Our distilleries are the heart of that our commitment to grow and the people and teams that keep the lights on are essential to everything we do! So if you think you’re the type of Rare character that could be part of our family and thrive in a pioneering and agile environment then we would like to hear from you.