Global Content and Connections Manager x 2
- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Closing Date
Based at our Richmond Office, this role will report to the Senior Content & Connections Manager working directly with core brand teams to develop connections ecosystems, support strategy development and implement communications programmes with a focus on digital enablement and channel integration.
Key Responsibilities & Critical Success Measures
- Supported by the Head of Content and Connections, provide guidance and support to core GBTs to craft content and connections strategy and develop the brands’ connections ecosystems. This will include working directly with the wider C&E team to draw upon their knowledge of specialist areas such as PR & influencer, Brand Ambassadors and eCommerce to identify the role for relevant channels.
- Working with the Head of Content and Connections and the Director of Connections & eCommerce, support the development and implementation of critical digital transformation initiatives. This will include media, connections planning, content strategy and development, data and analytics.
- Lead specific digital or capability initiatives, identified as part of the overarching team strategy and work-plan or driven by specific brand team requirements.
- Drive best practise strategy and activation within core GBTs based on inputs from the wider C&E team and own learnings. This will include ensuring that brand plans are integrated across channels and deliver against core brand “jobs to be done, that Content Strategies and best practice delivery are in place, that a balance is achieved between the creativity of plans and their rational analytical support and driving continuous improvement.
- Champion the media and communications innovation agenda. This will include providing thought leadership around future digital trends and opportunities that could be used to deliver competitive advantage.
- Continually raise the profile of the C&E team within and outside the organization. This will include hosting capability sessions, creating best practice documentation and representing the team at external industry events.
- Support the development of constructive media and digital agency partner relations (agency and vendor) to provide WGS with brand opportunities and a future facing outlook. This will include contributing to agency reviews, performance audits to support the ambition.
- Support the connected GTS and C&E agenda by contributing to the identification of key requirements/ projects and vendors such as Data Management Platforms or their equivalents, Content Management systems, product Information Systems, media personalisation solutions and a Digital Trading Model, promoting the principles of data strategy and practical application
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Spirits industry knowledge and experience desirable
- Strong digital capabilities and experience, understanding its future possibilities especially with regards to data strategy & application
- Digital agency and/ or Media planning background desirable
- Proven ability to drive connections planning to deliver brand and business results in many markets
- Understanding of all areas covered by the C&E team (Influencer/ Media/ PR/ Brand Ambassador/ eCommerce/Advocacy)
- Experience of best practice content & creative across communications channels
- Understanding of agency practice & pricing (media & fees)
- Strong analytical skills: ability to read and interpret brand & business diagnostics to make actionable conclusions, to be able to constructively question conclusions of partner agencies where appropriate (eg on brand health, competitive reviews etc
- Global perspective, proven experience in the ability to recognise differences and opportunities in both developed and emerging market
- In-depth knowledge of main social media platforms from a brand perspective including reporting and paid media set us
- Thorough understanding of tools critical to the role: Google Analytics, Social Media listening, Facebook Business Manager and Website CMS
- Extensive digital marketing experience
- Client side or agency experience in campaign planning and implementation
- Experience in Global brand marketing with a blue chip brand
- Degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Communications or PR
- Strong integrity and sociability skills to effectively manage and develop relationships with global partners
- Ability to inspire others and drive change
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity and curiosity to effectively maintain internal and external relationships
- Adaptable to changing markets whilst having the drive and resilience to succeed
- Highly agile and able to adapt within an ever-evolving digital and industry landscape
We pride ourselves on embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder William Grant; continually seeking new ways to improve so sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
For more information on this exciting opportunity, please click “Apply now” to visit our website and learn more about this role and the work of William Grant & Sons.
Posting date: 23 November 2017
Closing date: 24 December 2017