Coopers x 2
- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Closing Date
Are you a time served Cooper – accredited to Cooper Federation or Equivalent? If so, this could be the opportunity for you.
We are looking for 2 Coopers to maintain and repair all cask stock held ensuring casks are 100% fit for purpose at point of use. Rejuvenate cask stock in line with quality policy requirement and carry out assessment checks on all casks as required for coopering / rejuvenation.
Based from our flagship Distillery in Dufftown, the spiritual home of our company, where our founder created the first dram of Glenfiddich 125 years ago, this role will support and enable the ambitious plans of a growing global spirits company with a portfolio of premium brands, including Glenfiddich, Hendricks Gin and Grant's whisky to name but a few.
As a vital member of the Spirit Supply Team you will be involved in a variety of exciting projects which will include:
- To ensure Health & Safety and Welfare of self and others while carrying out operations.
- Conduct full cask quality inspection of stock and repair / rejuvenate as necessary.
- Ensure daily and weekly targets are achieved and records are kept.
- Safe operation of all cooperage equipment in line with work instructions and risk assessments.
- Carry out assessment checks on equipment and checks in line with company procedures.
- Clean and maintain area of team responsibility to standards.
- Use and maintain equipment responsibliy and in accordance with all training and instruction.
- Actively contribute to CI and team meetings supporting and implementing team plans and driving improvements across the team.
As the largest Scotch whisky distiller still remaining in family ownership, we take a long term view of our business and are committed to developing and supporting our people.
It is essential you are a time served Cooper – accredited to Cooper Federation or Equivalent and desirable to have FLT certificate.
Our distilleries are the heart of that our commitment to grow and the people and teams that keep the lights on are essential to everything we do! So if you think you’re the type of Rare character that could be part of our family and thrive in a pioneering and agile environment then we would like to hear from you!
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the skills required, please see the success profile by following the link below.