Customer Relations Team Leader
- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date
We have exciting new opportunity for a Customer Relations Team Leader to manage, lead and coach a regional specific Customer Relations team to deliver excellent customer service by managing all demand activity to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Based from our Head Office in Strathclyde Business Park, Bellshill where we bottle approximately 12 million cases of spirit every year, this role will support and enable the ambitious plans of a growing global spirits company with a portfolio of premium brands, including Glenfiddich, Hendricks Gin and Sailor Jerry rum to name but a few.
As a vital member of the team you will be involved in a variety of exciting projects which will include:
- Represent William Grant & Sons in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Contribute to and implement the Supply Chain strategy in line with the Company and Business Unit objectives, ensuring consistency across Customer Relations
- Lead, recruit, develop and manage CustomerRelations Coordinators in line with the Company Performance Management process and Company values ensuring annual objectives are set and tracked quarterly and employee engagement is maximised
- Create and manage positive relationships with Global Commercial Teams to help support commercial and brand strategic direction.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key customers and distributors and be the interface between Commercial and Operations Teams.
- Build, lead and improve the day to day processes of an International Customer Service Team, ensuring that service delivery targets (OTIF) and customer commitments are met
- Help define and improve the Customer relations escalation and communication paths among various departments (operations, production planning, material control , npd) as the key owner of customer satisfaction
- Ensure that customer communications are timely and complete, building proactive communications into daily processes.
We pride ourselves in embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
You should have comprehensive understanding of International Customer Service and Supply Chain processes and procedures gained in a manufacturing environment and proven leadership skills. An understanding of forecasting and demand management in a fast moving dynamic organisation would be advantageous but are not essential.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the skills required, please see the success profile by following the link below.
As the largest Scotch whisky distiller still remaining in family ownership, we take a long term view of our business and are committed to developing and supporting our people.