- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date
Based at our Richmond Office, we are looking for a Demand Planning Analyst to develop the demand planning process for the Business Unit including the co-ordination of sales forecasts to achieve Business strategic and current year targets. This role will support and enable the ambitious plans of a growing global spirits company with a portfolio of premium brands, including Glenfiddich, Hendricks Gin and Grant's whisky to name but a few.
As a vital member of the team you will be managing a variety of exciting projects from day one which will include:
- Build collaborative relationships with Commercial and Customer Relations teams to provide support and driving process excellence by preparing for and leading Key Demand Review meetings in line with S&OP process.
- Create and maintain the rolling 24 month demand forecast using appropriate statistical modelling, by analysing market and purchase plans, historical sales data, brand changes, new product development and obsolete products. Accountable for reporting and influencing Forecast Accuracy and BIAS (Absolute Value Variance) within the demand plan at SKU and Market level.
- Understand and analyse trends and seasonal profile to challenge and influence the commercial teams (who own the forecast) where there is evidence that the demand plan may require revision
- Prepare executive summary reports and market S&OP decks highlighting major risks and opportunities.
- Partner with the Continuous Improvement and Data team to develop a global process to improve the management of master data across the end to end forecasting process.
- Ensure demand is in line with the agreed global allocations policy and process through regular reviews with the commercial teams, highlighting opportunities and risks where appropriate.
- Support Supply Chain KPIs such as inventory and obsolescence through active involvement in the product lifecycle management process.
You should be educated to degree level, preferably mathematical or science base and have comprehensive demand planning knowledge and an understanding of end to end supply chain processes and procedures gained in an FMCG or equivalent environment. You should also have a working understanding of modern forecasting techniques and packages including S&OP practices with a proven ability to analyse and interpret data across multiple systems as well as knowledge of PC applications and ERP systems
We pride ourselves on embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role. For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the responsibilities involved, please see the success profile by following the link below.
As the largest Scotch whisky distiller still remaining in family ownership, we take a long term view of our business and are committed to developing and supporting our people.
Our distilleries are the heart of that our commitment to grow and the people and teams that keep the lights on are essential to everything we do! So if you think you’re the type of Rare character that could be part of our family and thrive in a pioneering and agile environment then we would like to hear from you!