Director, Luxury, North America
- New York
- Job Type
- Closing Date
To create, lead and execute the NA prestige sales and brand building vision and strategy across all Prestige channels of trade in alignment with the William Grant & Sons Global Premiumisation Strategy. Maximise commercial potential and deliver budget performance ensuring sustainable growth and profitability for the Company.
To be the face the WGS Super Premium Spirits portfolio.
This role also acts as family ambassador across the William Grant and Sons company hosting and engaging global HNW and VVIP Customers within the market, engaging resources to deliver and maximise prestige sales and enhance the reputation of WGS as premium, luxury goods company.
- Lead the creation, validation and expansion of WGS prestige model for the US, managing a first-rate Luxury team
- Recommend strategy, business model and drivers, including resourcing
- Work seamlessly with global luxury team
- Lead and deliver profitable business results through development, implementation and monitoring of effective strategies and plans across all areas of responsibility.
- Develop, implement and execute individual account/channel plan to drive distribution, brand education, velocity
- Collaborate with on-trade and brand teams to develop account specific/bespoke promotional activity and to ensure an exceptional standard of execution and customer care.
- Engage decision makers and trade (brand education, personal selling, relationships) to accelerate on-premise growth and profitability.
- Maximise business and personal contacts to help identify, develop and maintain direct and long term relationships with key influencers and stakeholders across the luxury hotel arena.
- Ensure best in class execution and visibility in order to maximise the halo effect opportunity.
- Accelerate on-premise growth and profitability by identifying new challenges and opportunities.
- Analyse each brand and (and sku) in order to provide accurate volume forecasts and ensure that allocations restrictions and opportunities are carefully monitored
- Effectively manage all areas of customer relations and service in specified accounts to a luxury standard.
- Through the effective use of luxury category trends and insights, report on market results, as well as changing market activity on a routine basis. Providing recommendations, if required, on market actions needed in order to ensure WGS plan achievement and luxury agenda in the market
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong social skills with the ability to effective manage and develop relationships at all levels of on-premise channel.
- A passion and interest for Luxury with strong connections in the industry.
- Ability to build sustainable rapport with key contacts within the business and wider consumer group, in formal and informal (social) settings
- Strong communication skills with ability to express self in a compelling and energetic manner in individual and group situations
- Adjusting language and style to capture the attention of the audience and organizational skills
- Skills in leading and motivating people to achieve individual, team and project results
- Champion of new ideas and initiatives; ability to identify new business opportunities and makes them a reality