Raw Materials Specialist
- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Engineering / Technical
- Closing Date
Do you have specific knowledge on raw and co-product material processing and control with a knowledge of malt and grain distilling processes? If so, then this could be the opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Raw Materials Specialist to support the delivery of the highest quality raw materials to the WGs distilling operations via critical analysis and development projects. This includes wheat, malt, yeast and co-products associated with the distillery process.
The largest grain distillery in Scotland, and a true powerhouse, not just in terms of spirit volume, but in terms of innovative energy generation and cutting-edge new technology projects, our Girvan Distillery is found in the tranquil setting of a picturesque seaside town, just 50 miles from Glasgow. The 750-acre site contains our own cooperage, energy centre and an anaerobic reactor plant. And our state-of-the-art laboratory spearheads the Company’s innovative programme of new product development.
As a vital member of the Technical Support Team, you will be involved in a variety of key tasks, which include:
- Monitor, support and implement specific Continuous Improvement projects and/or a program of trouble shooting to ensure WGS distilleries achieve (as an example) Improved Efficiencies that translate into a lower Cost to Make.
- Responsible for monitoring and quality management of all incoming raw materials to WGs. Development and responsible for all analysis relevant to raw materials .This include in process cereals and spirit analysis with reporting and insight delivered to agreed timescales to ensure accuracy and consistency in analytical results.
- Establish a quality monitoring metrics for all incoming raw materials to WGs. Develop and maintain robust NIR models for all whole cereal, in process cereals and spirit analysis to agreed timescales to ensure accuracy and consistency in analytical results.
- Ensure in-house analytical capability of raw materials and co-products in optimised, proficient with industry standards and maintained.
- Maintain and develop key stakeholder relationships within WGS and with suppliers to deliver optimal yield efficiencies based on process analysis, and influence operational processes utilising trouble shooting techniques.
We pride ourselves in embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
It is essential you are qualified to degree level in a relevant scientific discipline with knowledge of malt and grain distilling processes. It is desirable you have knowledge of food safety laws.
As the largest Scotch whisky distiller still remaining in family ownership, we take a long term view of our business and are committed to developing and supporting our people.
Our distilleries are the heart of that our commitment to grow and the people and teams that keep the lights on are essential to everything we do! So if you think you’re the type of Rare character that could be part of our family and thrive in a pioneering and agile environment then we would like to hear from you!
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the skills required, please see the success profile by following the link below.