Head of Marketing, Europe
- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Closing Date
You will create and lead the implementation of the European marketing vision, strategy, brand building principles and best practices that build long term equity, maximises growth opportunities and sustainable enduring profit growth across the WG&S portfolio. Drive regional marketing talent development, raising the overall skill set and quality of marketing planning and disruptive execution. Set up clear processes to manage the implementation of Global Brand Strategies in the region, respecting and adapting to local consumer and customer insights.
- Create and implement Europe’s regional marketing strategy, ensuring understanding, buy-in and delivery from key stakeholders (CMO and Global Brand Directors) aligned to Global Brand Strategies, with a key focus on major BMCs in the region
- Embed and support the effective preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of local market plans, based on clear consumer insight, in order to achieve priority Brand KPIs, build brand equity and ensure that marketing investment generates an increasingly positive return on investment.
- Build strong relationships at all local levels to support distributor and agency teams to deliver best practice comms planning, disruptive creative activation (both On & Off trade) and PR in line with WG&S brand building principles (Dram by Dram). This includes ensuring a disproportionate share of voice for WG&S brands within Distributors’ portfolios.
- Provide insightful motivational leadership to the wider Regional Marketing team, being responsible for coaching, development unlocking the potential of colleagues and building on already high levels of employee engagement. Form a constructive alliance with Head of Marketing MEA to optimise ways of working, best practice sharing & co development of strategy/execution where applicable.
- As a key member of the European Markets Team;
- Responsible for delivering profit and growth targets for the WG&S brand portfolio
- Play a lead role in defining future growth and strategic direction, ensuring it reflects understanding of WG&S & Distributor perspectives, and delivers breakthrough performance and sustainable competitive advantage
- Business leadership being able to get outside the marketing comfort zone by problem solving and developing strategies for projects ranging from commercial negotiations, emerging market fluctuations, RTM and M&A requirements, IMC set up, to investigating new revenue streams (eg unlocking greater allocations of high end malts, sharing/table serve Eastern Europe)
- Provide Marketing and Commercial expertise at key review periods; QBRs, Budget and LE timetables
- Proactively encourage a disruptive mind-set across all areas of our business model, people agenda and brand
- Provide an expert voice for emerging markets as part of wider internal and external projects Gifting Strategy, Off-Trade and On-Trade
- Champion European Markets issues and drive solutions.
- Working closely with the Global Innovation Team, drive the innovation agenda in the region, delivering innovative approaches for WG&S to gain a better understanding of emerging markets.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the responsibilities involved, please see the role profile by selecting the "download PDF" link at the top of the page.