Head of the Balvenie & Glenfiddich Visitor Experience
- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Closing Date
The successful candidate will champion the Visitor Experience Strategy for our Dufftown site delivering best in class brand and value enhancing visitor experiences for consumers, trade consumers and key influencers.
As a vital member of the Marketing Team, who can demonstrate the ability to create and innovate for organisational improvement, the post holder will also be responsible for a number of key tasks including:
- Lead, develop and implement the Visitor Centre Strategy for William Grant and Sons Dufftown Site, leveraging from current and future Visitor Centre assets to effectively enhance and build value for our brands and business.
- Review all current facilities, operations & practices and put appropriate planning, structure, processes and support systems in place to facilitate change and capitalise on current and future opportunities in hospitality, tourism and retail offerings. In particular, leverage opportunities from the Group’s investment in company properties (e.g. Balvenie House, Hazelwood and Torrin) to step-change the accommodation approach at the Distillery.
- Lead the rejuvenation of the Glenfiddich Visitor Centre specifically, from tourist attraction to best-in-class brand enhancing the experience, including the development of a bespoke luxury experience programme for VIP/trade visitors. Lead the sharing of best practices across WGS Visitor Centre sites and through learnings from other luxury brand experience centres of excellence.
- Develop and implement a marketing programme for proactive promotion of WGS Visitor Centre experiences internally and externally , working with the Head of E-Commerce and GTS to develop a Relationship Marketing Strategy; including data-capture opportunities on site.
- Engage proactively with key business stakeholders to promote the WGS Visitor Centre offering, prioritise resources and encourage visits from our key markets.
- Investigate and implement recommendations for potential new revenue streams, through leverage of Visitor Centre facilities i.e. events, on & off-line retailing opportunities etc.
- Promote and enhance the Visitor Centre experience through associations with local authorities, tourist bodies, and appropriate promotional and PR activities including relevant industry awards.
- Lead, motivate and develop the visitor centre team in line with Company Values to maximise employee performance. Promote, develop and embed a “one team” approach to visitor centre experience in support of the delivery of a global visitor centre.
- Manage revenue and cost streams from visitor activities (distillery tours, accommodation,) in line with monthly financial targets. Ensure a robust financial control framework and improved reporting and insight on financial performance. Maximise opportunities to improve financial return.
We pride ourselves on embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the responsibilities involved, please see the role profile by selecting the "download PDF" link at the top of the page.