Lead Internal Auditor
- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Closing Date
We are looking for a Lead Internal Auditor to support the effective and efficient provision of assurance to the Supervisory Board (via the Audit Committee), the Executive Committee and management concerning the adequacy of the internal control environment and the identification, assessment and management of business risks.
To lead and co-ordinate internal audits, control assessments and risk projects across the Group and to contribute to the development and evolution of the Internal Audit function, its methodologies and working practices.
- Support the development of medium term and annual internal audit plans for submission to the Audit Committee by considering the results of previous work and knowledge of the business, together with industry and wider external developments.
- Plan internal audit reviews or projects across disparate geographical areas, spanning financial controls, operational processes and regulatory aspects. Take ownership and deliver these in accordance with agreed working practices, appraising the relevant risks, processes and controls.
- Where appropriate, supervise and support the work of guest auditors or third party consultants engaged to support the delivery of an internal audit review or project.
- Present conclusions and findings to local management, recommending corrective actions and other improvement suggestions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of risk management responses.
- Agree improvement action plans with responsible management and report the outcomes of audit reviews to management. Monitor the delivery of agreed actions by process owners.
- Raise awareness of corporate policies, sharing knowledge and instilling best practices across the Group, working collaboratively with the key stakeholders to support the ambitious business strategy.
- Contribute to the development of corporate governance activities throughout the Group, including ongoing development of risk management frameworks, audit methodologies and governance structures.
- Contribute to the personal development of Internal Auditors within the team.
- Take ownership of practice management activities to support the continued, effective operation of the Internal Audit function. Examples may include refining tools and methodologies, enhanced status reporting and coordinating resources.
We pride ourselves on embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the responsibilities involved, please see the success profile by following the link below.