- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Engineering / Technical
- Closing Date
Are you a time served electrician, preferably in an industrial maintenance function and multi-Skilled in Mechanical Engineering to SVQ level 3? If so, this could be the opportunity for you.
We are looking for a multi skilled Maintenance Engineer to provide technical expertise to ensure maximum efficiency and performance from engineering assets and delivery of the site Maintenance and Engineering strategy. This will involve carrying out planned, allocated electrical/mechanical/instrumentation tasks in relation to fixed and mobile plant assets and facilities maintenance incorporating the safe maintenance, service, inspection and repair of all listed equipment within the boundaries of recognised best practice and all applicable legislation.
Based from our flagship Distillery in Dufftown, the spiritual home of our company, where our founder created the first dram of Glenfiddich 125 years ago, this role will support and enable the ambitious plans of a growing global spirits company with a portfolio of premium brands, including Glenfiddich, Hendricks Gin and Grant's whisky to name but a few.
As a vital member of the Maintenance Team you will be involved in a variety of exciting projects which will include:
- To provide specialist technical support to ensure maximum efficiency from production and engineering assets, ensuring planned, predictive and corrective maintenance tasks are completed as scheduled.
- Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety & environmental legislation, safe systems of work and documented procedures during all work activities.
- To drive and support team based improvement projects and actively participate in advanced analysis of plant and equipment failures (e.g. Root Cause Analysis, FMEA/FMECA etc) and agree action plans
- Ensure timely effective response to unplanned breakdowns, undertake root cause analysis and implement permanent solutions wherever possible, focusing on more complex and highly technical activities.
- Ensure that all appropriate maintenance and technical records including plant history are updated as required using CMMS and that all maintenance planned activities are executed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all data in relation to Electrical & Mechanical maintenance, inspection, verification and repair activities undertaken is recorded in the site CMMS (IFS) for KPI and reporting purposes.
- Ensure that all appropriate Electrical and Mechanical maintenance and technical records including plant history are updated as required using the CMMS and that all maintenance planned activities are executed in a timely manner.
As the largest Scotch whisky distiller still remaining in family ownership, we take a long term view of our business and are committed to developing and supporting our people.
It is essential you are a time served electrician, preferably in an industrial maintenance function and hold a full U.K. Driving Licence. It is desirable you are a competent welder.
Our distilleries are the heart of that our commitment to grow and the people and teams that keep the lights on are essential to everything we do! So if you think you’re the type of Rare character that could be part of our family and thrive in a pioneering and agile environment then we would like to hear from you!
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the skills required, please see the success profile by following the link below.