- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Engineering / Technical
- Closing Date
We are looking for a degree level educated Microbiologist with excellent analytical skills, to join our Technical Lab Team in Girvan. This role is development opportunity and may be suited to a new graduate looking to progress their career.
Reporting to the Lab Team Leader, the successful applicant will provide and develop microbiological support for process operations across UK and Ireland sites. This role must implement systems to ensure that our distilleries are operated with an excellent level of good hygiene and good yeast practices
As a vital member of our Team, you will be responsible for a number of key tasks including:
- Provide microbiological analysis for WGS malt and grain distilleries with interpretation of the analytical data that enables clear recommendations to be formed and these recommendations in turn used to drive improvements to process hygiene and therefore alcohol yields.
- Provide microbiological analysis on incoming yeast supplies ensuring that any non-conformances against specification which may affect distilleries yield performance are highlighted and acted upon with the suppliers.
- Develop a Yeast and Microbiological Strategy for the company to which the sites can prescribe to.
- Submit annual yeast quality specifications and provide yeast supplier ranking tables for supplier review
- Prepare information for the quarterly performance review meetings with yeast suppliers.
- Provide microbiological specifications together with recommended testing regimes for any NLD low strength alcohol products that are in a development phase.
- Provide microbiology support to ensure that our distilleries achieve HACCP compliance.
- Contributes appropriately to team meetings and supports the implementation of team strategy, plans and continuous improvement projects.
- Maintain and develop key stakeholder relationships within WGS and with suppliers to deliver optimal yield efficiencies based on process analysis, and influence operational processes utilising trouble shooting techniques
We pride ourselves on embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.