NPD Projects Manager – Renovation & Gifting
- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Engineering / Technical
- Closing Date
We have recently undergone an extensive review of our New Packaging Development team and as a result have created a number of exciting new positions. We are looking for a Project Manager to join our Renovation & Gifting team to effectively project manage Renovation & Gifting introductions, encompassing all aspects of material development, liquid co-ordination and trialling to ensure technical capability in accordance with the project brief, ensuring that the final product is developed within the defined NPD Process and delivered ‘fit for purpose’, on-time and within budget.
Based from our Head Office in Strathclyde Business Park, Bellshill where we bottle more than 12 million cases of spirit every year, this role will support and enable the ambitious plans of a growing global spirits company with a portfolio of premium brands, including Glenfiddich, Hendricks Gin and Sailor Jerry rum to name but a few.
As a vital member of the team you will be involved in a variety of exciting projects which will include:
- Leading cross functional project teams to ensure successful delivery of development projects to the agreed shipping dates, specified quality and marketing criteria and financial targets (establishment costs & pacosts) agreed at project implementation for major NPD or Brand Refresh (complexity level <5).
- Deliver, through agreed NPD processes, successful component development which meets defined criteria related to substrate, structure and functionality.
- Manage the creation of accurate material/component specifications and manage BOM creation and costing processes ensuring stakeholders are involved.
- Project review, ongoing cross-functional knowledge share and continuous Improvement focus to ensure the ongoing development and improvement of NPD change processes and supporting documentation.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders ensuring that specified objectives are delivered throughout the product and component development lifecycle, predominately with Brand and Senior Brand Managers internally and suppliers externally.
- Act as guardian of the NPD Process and monitor compliance to the stage gate process.
- Research and identify external trends and best practice world class NPD to develop and contribute new ideas to the innovation pipeline.
- Deputise for Senior Project Managers where required.
We pride ourselves in embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
You should be degree qualified or equivalent, or have substantial experience in an FMCG or packaging environment and have strong organisational skills and administrative aptitude. Knowledge of NPD processes and a Project Management qualification would be advantageous.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the skills required, please see the success profile by following the link below.
As the largest Scotch whisky distiller still remaining in family ownership, we take a long term view of our business and are committed to developing and supporting our people.