NPD Technical Specialist – Glass & Closure 12 FTC
- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Closing Date
Working cross-functionally to ensure that new developments, offer choice and are adequately specified, tested and approved to ensure the quality and performance of new products fully meet the expectations of all key stakeholders? If so, then this could be the opportunity for you!
We have recently undergone an extensive review of our New Packaging Development team and as a result have created a number of exciting new positions. We are looking for a NPD Technical Specialist – Glass & Closure to join our NPD Leaders and project managers to ensure successful delivery of the technical elements of packaging projects. Working in accordance with the project brief, you will ensure that the final product is developed within the defined NPD process and delivered ‘fit for purpose’, on time and within budget.
Based from our Head Office in Strathclyde Business Park, Bellshill where we bottle more than 12 million cases of spirit every year, this role will support and enable the ambitious plans of a growing global spirits company with a portfolio of premium brands, including Glenfiddich, Hendricks Gin and Sailor Jerry rum to name but a few.
As a vital member of the team you will be involved in a variety of exciting projects which will include:
- Work closely with NPD Leaders and project managers to ensure successful delivery of technical elements of packaging projects to the agreed specification.
- Ensure that at the earliest stage of design, all requirements and risks for technical quality and performance are adequately addressed and that a management plan is in place to address all requirements and risks.
- Support technical reviews of supplier and factory capabilities to ensure that limitations are addressed or that designs are amended as required and maintain supplier engagement by building robust relationships.
- Develop component specifications, quality requirements and manufacturing specifications and have a suite of component offerings with cost guidance data available that remains current and reflects changes and innovations available in the market.
- Have robust and detailed knowledge of WGS manufacturing capabilities in relation to all developed components relating to glass and closure.
- Monitor component performance via KPI / metric review (MDR’s) and look for opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure that prototypes are developed for testing at key stages and design and working with project Managers and quality, verify rigorous testing protocols for prototypes (including transit testing) and ensure that first production materials match in all fundamental ways the prototypes previously approved.
- Support the creation of Global Brand Standards for all newly developed components and ensure that standards are clearly communicated to manufacturing teams in advance of any trialling/commissioning of new products.
We pride ourselves in embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
You should be degree qualified or equivalent, or have substantial experience in an FMCG or packaging environment and have strong organisational skills and administrative aptitude. Knowledge of NPD processes and a Project Management qualification such as Prince 2 would be advantageous.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the skills required, please see the success profile by following the link below.
As the largest Scotch whisky distiller still remaining in family ownership, we take a long term view of our business and are committed to developing and supporting our people.