On Premise Area Manager, IL
- Home Based
- Job Type
- Commercial / Sales
- Closing Date
Are you a highly creative commercial professional in the Spirits industry? Do you look to contribute to a growing global company with a portfolio of premium brands, including Glenfiddich, Hendrick’s Gin and Milagro Tequila? If you are, then this could be the opportunity for you!
Home-based in the IL area, you will be involved in a variety of tasks and projects which will include:
- Working with District Manager and distributor management in the development of business plans for covered markets and being accountable for the results of the business plan. Pre-planning all WGS activity in the market, including volume planning, spending initiatives, and KPI objectives.
- Execution and management of US and Global WGS pricing strategies on all brands
- Secures senior distributor/broker management commitment to WGS goals and initiatives. Conducts business reviews with distributors in order to ensure WGS goals are achieved.
- Maintains and analyzing market performance in order to ensure WGS goals are achieved. Routinely analyzing distributor/broker execution performance as well as analyzing and gauging competitive activity in the market.
- Monitoring all in-market spending to ensure that monies are effectively spent, maximizing value creation. Managing budgets with direct reports so that spending stays within assigned budgets. Preparing reports for Region Manager.
- Developing relationships with key members of the trade (retailer on-premise accounts, etc) in order to develop WGS brands in the market. Gaining appropriate commitments to WGS initiatives.
- Providing education/training to distributor/broker sales organization(s) and to key, influential members of the trade (retailers, bartenders, wait staff, etc). Develops talent within organization in order to increase individual's value to WGS.
We’re a pioneering company always looking at new ways of improving what we do, so you shouldn’t be surprised if your expertise, knowledge and opinion are asked for beyond your normal day to day work.
To be successful in this role you do need to have a certain level of qualifications and experience which includes:
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- Computer skills necessary to evaluate market performance and communicate internally & externally
- Strong personal drive and individual initiative in daily routine
- Advanced influencing skills and distributor management capabilities
- Solid problem solving skills and good analysis skills
- Ability to manage difficult, complex markets and achieve business objectives
- Strong finance and budget background
- A strong background in the spirits and wine
At William Grant & Sons, we take a long term view of our business and are committed to developing and supporting our people. We are also committed to expanding into new markets globally, and now have a network of offices around the world managing the production, sales, marketing and distribution of our portfolio of brands in over 180 markets.
Our distilleries are the heart of that our commitment to grow and the people and teams that keep the lights on are essential to everything we do! So if you think you’re the type of rare character that could be part of our family and thrive in a pioneering and agile environment then we would like to hear from you.