On Premise District Manager, No. Texas
- Home Based
- Job Type
- Commercial / Sales
- Closing Date
Manages and oversees all on-premise regional activities through distributor/broker organization, with emphasis on securing senior management commitments to WGS goals and initiatives. Ensures that the Division Sales team and Distributor/broker efforts are focused on appropriate accounts, territories, and channels in order to achieve WGS long-term objectives. Accurately reports market conditions, competitive activity, distributor/broker changes to WGS senior management.
- Works with Distributor/broker management to pre-plan / execute all WGS activity in the market, including volume planning, spending initiatives, and KPI objectives. Securing senior Distributor/broker management commitment to WGS on -premise goals and initiatives.
- Motivates and develops Distributor/broker sales team in order to achieve WGS on-premise volume targets and sell-through objectives (POS, merchandising, drink promotion, back bar placement, drink lists, distribution and brand promotion) in the market.
- Manage and execute WGS local market POS buy book procurement and manage to appropriate buy book budgets
- Assists in the management of WGS agency personnel (Momentum PMM) to ensure flawless execution of WGS programming. Ensure PMM aligned w/ KPI’s of WGS local market team
- Implement and execute WGS commercial excellence priorities and brand team marketing programs.
- Maintains and analyzes market performance in order to ensure WGS on-premise goals are achieved. Routinely analyzes Distributor/broker execution performance as well as gauges competitive activity in the market. Conducts business reviews with distributors/brokers in order to ensure WGS goals are achieved.
- Monitors all in-market spending/ monies are effectively spent, maximizing value creation. Manages budgets to ensure spending stays within assigned budgets.
- Reports on market results, as well as changing market activity on a routine basis. Provides recommendations on market actions needed in order to ensure WGS plan achievement in the market.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A strong background in the spirits and wine industry is required, with the number of years experience dependent on the complexity of the market. A minimum of 3 years experience, with supplier-side experience highly valued
- Excessive travel might be necessary, occasionally requiring air travel; must have a valid driver’s license
- Exceptional selling, rapport-building skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- Computer skills are required in order to evaluate market performance and communicate internally/externally
- Strong personal drive and individual initiative in daily routine
- Solid problem solving skills and good analysis skills
- Effective distributor management capabilities and the ability to gain commitment of the distributor/broker sales and management teams to WGS brand- and volume-building initiatives
- Computer skills necessary to evaluate market performance and communicate internally & externally
- Requiring confidentiality in dealing with trade
- Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred
- Advanced influencing skills and customer service skills a plus