Packaging Team Leader
- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Closing Date
Based in our Bottling Hall at our flagship Distillery in Dufftown, the spiritual home of our company, where our founder created the first dram of Glenfiddich 125 years ago, this role will support and enable the ambitious plans of a growing global spirits company with a portfolio of premium brands, including Glenfiddich, Hendricks Gin and Grant's whisky to name but a few.
This role will support and enable the ambitious plans of a growing global spirits company with a portfolio of premium brands, including Glenfiddich, Hendricks Gin and Grant's whisky to name but a few.
As a vital member of the team you will be managing a variety of exciting projects from day one which will include:
- Support Dufftown site leadership team in creating and delivering site objectives and execute the line plans in line with the Operations and Business Unit objectives.
- Deliver vatting requirements for Dufftown and SBP bottling schedules.
- Develop comprehensive improvement plans that support our drive for improved operating costs ensuring successful implementation of the plans.
- Implement best practice processes and procedures maximising effectiveness and efficiency, ensuring a strong interface with the Distribution, Planning, Engineering, Projects & NPD.
- Ensure the lines are compliant with all Health & Safety, BRC, Environmental & Customs Legislation in order to maintain compliance with all regulatory bodies.
- Manage the bottling and vat hall budget including variable and fixed costs for maximum functional benefit.
- Maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment of business objectives that drive essential behavioural and process change. Strong links to be developed with Planning, distribution, NPD and Engineering.
- Lead and support Line projects and support NPD to ensure ownership & knowledge transfer is effective post the project implementation
- Lead, motivates and develops their team in line with company value to maximise employee engagement.
You should be a pragmatic problem solver with the ability to contend and deliver with conflicting priorities and a sound knowledge of Health & Safety legislation, continuous improvement and TPM techniques, as well as significant experience of managing a cost centre budget.
We pride ourselves on embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the responsibilities involved, please see the success profile by following the link below.