- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Engineering / Technical
- Closing Date
We are looking for a Project engineer to assist the Head of Engineering/Senior Project Engineer in developing the five year capital plan by identifying process improvements in ways of working.
You will have devise innovative methods of adding value through the establishment of close working relationships with Operational leadership teams across the global packaging sites. You will have the ability to analyse and assess packaging/operational activities in order to identify areas for improvement across the global packaging sites and within the wider business. The role will be managing the delivery of assigned Capital & SR projects within the agreed scope, budget, time frame, quality and business case, ensuring a strong interface with operational stakeholders throughout the process/project management cycle.
This role will support and enable the ambitious plans of a growing global spirits company with a portfolio of premium brands, including Glenfiddich, Hendricks Gin and Grant\'s whisky to name but a few.
As a vital member of the team you will be involved a variety of exciting projects from day one which will include:
- Negotiate co-ordinate and control suppliers to eliminate variations whilst obtaining most effective solution.
- Ensure all project activities are conducted within applicable legislation
- Propose new ways of working by keeping abreast of best practice in processes and technologies.
- Provide progress updates against assigned projects to the Engineering Area Leader/ Projects Leader identifying opportunities, risks and any remedial action plans required.
- Where applicable support NPD with new product launches, ensuring project targets and milestones are achieved. Where required carry out trials to validate any changes & provide technical report on findings.
We are a pioneering company always looking at new ways of improving where sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions are encouraged as part of your day to day role.
Applicants should be have an analytical approach, innovative with good planning / organising skills, whilst working collaboratively with all relevant functions and teams across the business. Knowledge of the manufacture of components and in supplier production processes with a premium component bias is also required.
We pride ourselves on embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.