Region Finance Analyst, West
- Job Type
- Closing Date
To maximize WGS profitability by supporting Region teams with appropriate analysis/insight regarding market performance, channel performance, pricing analysis, post-program effectiveness, etc. Supports the Region in achieving brand & financial goals by providing financial reporting on, promotion, customer discounts, LMF spending (where appropriate) versus plan/budget. To meet reporting deadlines and manage processes as detailed within the Finance Calendar. Specific responsibility for maintaining a robust internal control environment; the main point of contact for all local monthly and forecasting reports; and the reconciliation of the various financial systems used within the region.
- Supports all financial reporting within the Region and provide financial analysis, as appropriate, to Region Finance Manageras well as other members of the Region team, in order to ensure Region financial/budget goals are achieved. Provides routine analytics to Region Finance Manager and other members of the Region team, as required.
- Assists Region team in the pre-planning/budgeting of all WGS activity in the markets, including volume planning, spending initiatives, and KPI objectives. Reviews and reports on execution throughout the Region in order to ensure achievement of WGS goals and initiatives.
- Assists in the oversight of Region for Customer Discounts, Promotion, and local Advertising budgets, as well as distributor investment (LMF where appropriate), so as to best position the Region for achievement of budget as well as longer-term, profitable growth. Work with Region team, as well as distributor/broker contacts, in order to reconcile distributor AR balances. Provide analytics to Region team and Region Finance Manager,as required.
- Provides timely business/sales analysis to Region team, including depletion analysis and channel trends (including Nielsen), Support the Region team in the preparation of Business Reviews and other distributor management updates.
- Facilitates growth within the Region by investigating business opportunities and/or troubleshooting within Region and /or with key customers for optimal performance.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A strong background in the spirits and wine industry is recommended, with a minimum of 3+ years Finance management/support experience, including budget management & reporting. The position works with Region management as well as the Region Sales Organization. The candidate will also be required to develop relationships with Distributor/Broker Management in order to manage Region finances. The candidate must be a team player.
- Communication will include sensitive information and has accountability for critical levels of Company resources. Position plans business activities for Region on a long-term and short-term basis and including strategic growth plans.
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of various software packages, particularly all Microsoft Office applications (specifically Excel & Word), Hyperion, and Vistaar
- Experience of ERP and PC applications to deliver effective management reporting and analysis
- Keen eye for data accuracy and integrity
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and adopt a challenging approach to deliver robust, accurate financial data and information to meet business needs
- Ability to effectively organize and plan ahead, ensuring a widerteam is aligned to processes and timelines
- Strong financial control ethic
- Solid skills/experience in business finance support and budget management
- Exceptional analytical skills and problem solving abilities are a must
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills. Good communicator at all levels of the organization