Region Finance Manager, West
- Job Type
- Closing Date
Are you a driven, focused finance professional looking to contribute a portfolio of premium brands, including Glenfiddich, Hendrick’s Gin and Milagro Tequila, to name a few? If you are, then this could be the opportunity for you.
Based in Irvine, CA, you will be involved in a variety of tasks and projects which will include:
- Collaborate with Region team in the pre-planning/budgeting of all WGS activity in the markets, including volume planning, spending, and KPIs. Reviewing and reporting on execution throughout the Region in order to ensure achievement of WGS financial goals and initiatives
- Work with Commercial and Marketing teams to ensure delivery of WGS Profit and NSV per case in line with target
- Provide expert financial support to the functional heads to review and evaluate new brand / sku / customer opportunities and to address key business challenges
- Work collaboratively with relevant commercial and marketing teams to ensure delivery of other key business measures - stock efficiency, credit control, overheads. Liaise with other finance and Supply Chain functions to provide accurate and insightful management information to support this
- Lead regular reviews with the Region team. Analyzes all market spending including customer discounts, and Promotion budgets, as well as distributor investment, so as to best position Regionfor achievement of budget as well as longer-term, profitable growth. Working with Regionteam as well as distributor/broker contacts in order to reconcile distributor AR balances. Providing reporting to Regionteam and Vice President Finance, as required
- Provides timely business analysis to Region team, including depletion analysis, channel trends (including Nielsen), competitive activity, and pricing analysis. Assisting Vice President Finance in the development and implementation of financial tools to facilitate better/timely business decisions throughout the Region.
- Supports financial skills training/education of Region team in order to build financial and analytical capabilities
We’re a pioneering company always looking at new ways of improving what we do, so you shouldn’t be surprised if your expertise, knowledge and opinion are asked for beyond your normal day to day work.
To be successful in this role you do need to have a certain level of qualifications and experience which includes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or a related field is required;
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Certification in Public Accounting desirable, but not essential
- Minimum 5 years of experience within the Alcoholic beverage industry
- Minimum 3 years management experience in accounting/finance
- Potential to move to more senior role
- Experience of ERP and PC applications to deliver effective management reporting and analysis
- Keen eye for data accuracy and integrity
At William Grant & Sons, we take a long term view of our business and are committed to developing and supporting our people. We are also committed to expanding into new markets globally, and now have a network of offices around the world managing the production, sales, marketing and distribution of our portfolio of brands in over 180 markets.
Our distilleries are the heart of that our commitment to grow and the people and teams that keep the lights on are essential to everything we do! So if you think you’re the type of Rare character that could be part of our family and thrive in a pioneering and agile environment then we would like to hear from you.