Service Delivery and Archive Analyst
- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Information Systems
- Closing Date
Working in the Client Services Team, within GTS (Global Technology Services), the Primary purpose of this role is to support the on-site archivist catalogue, the historical artefacts and documentation relating to William Grant and Sons and the Family archive. The Secondary focus of the role is to provide basic IT support across a range of systems, including the archiving system, under the supervision of the remote GTS team.
As a vital member of the GTS Team, you will be responsible for a number of key tasks including:
- Support the archivist solution and record historical company documentation and artefacts using Document Management Systems.
- Storing and preserving perishable document and antiques. Evaluating, selecting, retrieving and arranging materials for display.
- Suggest and contribute to ways of improving existing tasks, procedures, processes and solutions using current technology.
- Preserving materials correctly, creating appropriate storage and specific environmental conditions. Developing metadata, preparing indexes, meta-tags, and descriptions of materials, and then converting these into digital format when possible.
- Proactively share knowledge with other team members, updating existing and / or documenting new procedures as necessary.
- Engage, and establish successful relationships with end- users, identifying ongoing opportunities for improving the User experience and maximising customer service. Participate in GTS projects where applicable and when resources are available.
- Provide technical expertise and assistance to William Grant & Sons end- users as required. Under the supervision of the GTS team, assist in IT related issues on the Dufftown site and supporting external visitors touring the archive facility.
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our diversity and inclusion aim, which is to create and promote a diverse and inclusive culture at WG&S where ideas, differences and views are respected and where all employees are encouraged to create their own personal legacy.
We pride ourselves on embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the responsibilities involved, please see the role profile by selecting the "download PDF" link at the top of the page.