Shift Maintenance Technician
- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Engineering / Technical
- Closing Date
We are looking for a Shift Maintenance Technician to provide multi-discipline specialist technical expertise to ensure optimal availability, efficiency and performance from all engineering assets and delivery of the site Maintenance and Engineering strategy on a rotational shift basis. This will involve carrying out allocated work in relation to fixed and mobile plant assets and facilities maintenance incorporating the safe maintenance, service, inspection and repair of all listed equipment within the boundaries of recognised best practice and all applicable legislation.
As a vital member of the Engineering Services Team, you will be responsible for a number of key tasks including:
- To provide specialist technical support to ensure maximum efficiency from production and engineering assets, ensuring planned, predictive and corrective maintenance tasks are completed as scheduled.
- Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety & environmental legislation, safe systems of work and documented procedures during all work activities.
- Build and maintain key relationships with Process and Spirit Supply personnel, to ensure a high level of Customer Service at all times in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- To drive and support team based improvement projects and actively participate in advanced analysis of plant and equipment failures (e.g. Root Cause Analysis, FMEA/FMECA etc) and agree action plans
- Complete all required preventive maintenance actions in line with schedule and required quality/workmanship standards.
- Ensure timely effective response to unplanned breakdowns, undertake root cause analysis and implement permanent solutions wherever possible, focusing on more complex and highly technical activities.
- Ensure that all appropriate maintenance and technical records including plant history are updated as required using the company CMMS and that all maintenance planned activities are executed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all data in relation to maintenance, inspection, verification and repair activities undertaken is recorded in the site CMMS (IFS) for KPI and reporting purposes.
- To develop and maintain the appropriate competence levels to ensure that all tasks are completed safely and efficiently.
We pride ourselves in embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
It is essential applicants are a time served fitter, preferably in an industrial maintenance function with experience of working within a manufacturing team background and have a full Irish driving licence.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the skills required, please see the success profile by following the link below.