Shift Operations Leader
- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Closing Date
Do you have demonstrable significant technical competence in either the Distilling/ Brewing/ Pharmaceutical/ Petrochemical industries l? If so, then this could be the opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Shift Operations Leader to lead, control, direct and support shift team members to effectively meet all designated aspects of production, health & safety/ environmental activity to ensure the delivery of key results in line with production strategy while ensuring all operations adhere to relevant legislation.
The largest grain distillery in Scotland, and a true powerhouse, not just in terms of spirit volume, but in terms of innovative energy generation and cutting-edge new technology projects, our Girvan Distillery is found in the tranquil setting of a picturesque seaside town, just 50 miles from Glasgow. The 750-acre site contains our own cooperage, energy centre and an anaerobic reactor plant. And our state-of-the-art laboratory spearheads the Company’s innovative programme of new product development.
As a vital member of the team, you will be involved in a variety of key tasks, which include:
- On-shift direction and leadership to shift teams, providing supervision and taking responsibility for team member activity, regulatory compliance and execution of the site plans in line with the Company, Operations and Business Unit objectives.
- Preparation of appropriate shift reports and administrative functions required to demonstrate compliance and provide real-time update on plant performance.
- Accountable for stable operations and analysis of process safety and key performance indicators to ensure working parameters are within acceptable limits for quality, cost and safety.
- Leads by example and with a hands-on approach making multiple plant rounds during his/her shift to check equipment and troubleshoot potential processing problems.
- Lead, motivate and develop their team members in line with company values to maximise employee engagement and build talent pipeline.
- Build and develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment of business objectives that drive essential behavioural and process change.
We pride ourselves in embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
It is essential you are educated to degree level in either Chemistry/Science/Brewing discipline or Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or acquired competency through significant experience and desirable that you have LEAN/Six Sigma Green Belt certification or demonstrable track record of utilising continuous improvement techniques.
As the largest Scotch whisky distiller still remaining in family ownership, we take a long term view of our business and are committed to developing and supporting our people.
Our distilleries are the heart of that our commitment to grow and the people and teams that keep the lights on are essential to everything we do! So if you think you’re the type of Rare character that could be part of our family and thrive in a pioneering and agile environment then we would like to hear from you!
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the skills required, please see the success profile by following the link below.