Supplier Quality Engineer
- Home Based (UK)
- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Closing Date
We have an opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer with a proven record of application problem solving techniques and process improvement, to join our Quality Team in Bellshill.
The successful candidate will work closely with WGS material suppliers to optimise material performance and align supplier manufacturing capability to the requirements of both high speed manufacturing and a premium quality portfolio. To ensure material quality issues are investigated appropriately and that root cause is determined and CAPA are implemented and maintained.
As a vital member of the team, you will be responsible for a number of key tasks including:
- Facilitate the qualification and formal assessment of new suppliers ensuring they meet the specification requirements and quality standards to support WGS P&SC operations.
- Maintain and develop the supplier audit schedule and conduct supplier audits aligned to the requirements of ISO 9001 and BRC7, defining criteria for priority support and managing risks within the P&SC supply base.
- Maintain and develop Supplier Non Conformance Management systems, ensuring effective communication of issues with the supply base and validation and verification of implemented corrective and preventative actions.
- Liaise and interface with manufacturing teams to provide support and expertise on major material performance issues and to ensure specification requirements are aligned to the requirements of a high speed, premium quality operation.
- Nurture and build action oriented partnerships with key suppliers to further develop material performance and optimise standards of quality.
- Work with procurement to develop Continuous Improvement plans with suppliers, develop material supplier metrics and reporting systems that measure and drive action to improve supplier performance.
- To collate, prepare and publish weekly and monthly quality reports across P&SC.
- To network with WGS quality functions globally to build consistency and best practice across supplier management, measurement and development techniques.
- Work collaboratively with procurement and NPD to set specifications and standards and support NPD activities within the supply base that optimize material quality across the end to end WGS supply chain.
- Coach and develop Quality Technicians, Line Leaders and Lean teams in Material Quality Standards.
- Build networks within Industry and beyond to ensure awareness of new technologies and developments in Packaging Materials to drive continuous improvement across WGS materials and manufacturing.
We pride ourselves on embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the responsibilities involved, please see the role profile by selecting the "download PDF" link at the top of the page.