Supply Chain Implementation Area Leader
- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date
We are looking for a Supply Chain Implementation Area Leader to lead the development and implementation of the Advanced Planning System. In conjunction with the Planning leadership team, GTS and software vendors select, develop and implement software to significantly improve the planning function within WG&S driving improvements in service, working capital and costs.
This role will support and enable the ambitious plans of a growing global spirits company with a portfolio of premium brands, including Glenfiddich, Hendricks Gin and Grant's whisky to name but a few.
As a vital member of the team you will be involved a variety of exciting projects from day one which will include:
- The selection of the right planning software through a rigorous RFI process in conjunction with GTS and Planning team.
- Gaining approval and funding to implement planning software.
- Create detailed implementation plan and be the senior project manager to implement the ‘new’ system without service issues during go-live.
- Ensure the organisation is able to deliver 99% reliability of stock to meet customer orders within lead-time.
- Ensure that finished goods stock levels are in line with agreed stock turn and value targets across the WGS network as well as responsibility for ensuring the correct stock policies within the WGS network.
- Ensure that the planning system and the infra-structure can enable the reduction in lead-time from order to despatch from 30 days to 14 days
- To ensure the creation of a constrained production plan that will drive MRP, from which £70+ Million of dry goods materials will be ordered and called off from suppliers. Bringing raw material inventory to less than £6M and obsolescence less than £250,000.
- Implement Advanced Planning & Scheduling successfully whilst defining role profiles, training programmes and skills matrices.
We are a pioneering company always looking at new ways of improving where sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions are encouraged as part of your day to day role.
Applicants should be degree level qualified and have previous experience in managing a global supply function with responsibility for MPS and production plans. Ideally you should have planning systems experience, particularly the use of Advanced Planning & Scheduling, MPS, MRP and the use of Microsoft Applications, including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
We pride ourselves on embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the responsibilities involved, please see the success profile by following the link below