Technician Team Leader
- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Engineering / Technical
- Closing Date
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for their next career move and become part of a thriving team.
We are looking for an Technician Team Leader to support the Head of Maintenance by leading the technician team to ensure delivery of key results in line with overall site strategy and compliant with all relevant legislation. This role will support and enable the ambitious plans of a growing global spirits company with a portfolio of premium brands, including Glenfiddich, Hendricks Gin and Grant's whisky to name but a few.
As a vital member of the team you will be involved a variety of exciting projects from day one which will include:
- Deliver the SBP Operations Engineering strategy in line with the Company, Operations and Business Unit objectives.
- Ensure team compliance with Health & Safety/Environmental Legislation in order to maintain compliance with all regulatory bodies.
- Lead team activities to ensure maximum efficiency from available resource, ensuring planned, corrective and continuous improvement initiatives are compliant with KPI’s.
- Produce reports and develop improvement plans for areas of responsibility, ensuring review and ongoing maintenance.
- Mentors Lead Technicians / Technicians / Apprentices, identifies training programmes and processes in a culture of accountability, personal growth, lean thinking and mutual respect.
- Strong command of Business and management principles involved in area planning, resource allocation, human resources, and leadership techniques, manufacturing methods and the coordination of people and resources.
- Coordinates supports and analyses potential and current projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals whilst directing the integration of technical activities.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology, applying principles, techniques, procedures and equipment, for the design and production of existing / future products and associated processes.
- Disseminates technical expertise within the maintenance function, leading by example to ensure full support and direction is given to team members permitting them to deliver results in a progressive environment conducive to self- progression and change.
- Manage technical budget for area of responsibility, ensuring maximum business benefit from available funds.
- Build/maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure overall operational objectives are delivered and customer service level’s maintained.
- Lead, motivates and develop the SBP Technician team in line with the company values to maximise employee engagement.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualified to minimum HNC/HND level in an Engineering discipline
- Previous knowledge gained within an RCM driven environment.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and Continuous improvement techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant machinery regulations including Electricity at work regulations.
- Knowledge and experience of all relevant technical aspects within a FMCG environment.
- Experience of managing a Cost centre budget
- Proven leader who can set objectives, performance manage a team and develop individuals to achieve their potential.
We pride ourselves on embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
As the largest Scotch whisky distiller still remaining in family ownership, we take a long term view of our business and are committed to developing and supporting our people.
So if you think you’re the type of Rare character that could be part of our family and thrive in a pioneering and agile environment then we would like to hear from you!