Weekend Engineering Technician
- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Engineering / Technical
- Closing Date
Reporting to the Technical Team Leader, this role will provide technical expertise to ensure maximum efficiency and performance from engineering assets and support the delivery of the SBP Packaging and Supply Chain strategy.
We are looking for candidates who are qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline, having served a recognised apprenticeship and who can work productively in a pressurised environment.
As a vital member of the Maintenance Team, you will be responsible for a number of key tasks including:
- Ensure that safe working practices and quality procedures are strictly followed to ensure compliance with HMRC, environmental legislation and ISO requirements to produce a safe product.
- To provide technical support to ensure maximum efficiency from production and engineering assets, ensuring planned and corrective maintenance tasks are completed as scheduled.
- Manage contractors as and when required as per contractor management procedure.
- Ensure maximum business benefit from all budget spend.
- Act as a quality guardian in the end-to-end production process monitoring compliance, taking accountability to deliver excellence in our products, ensuring perfection for the customer and consumer.
- Build and maintain key relationships with bottling, vat hall and site maintenance personnel, providing a high level of customer service and ensuring objectives are implemented throughout SBP.
- Coach and lead Technical Operators in asset maintenance training.
- To lead and support team based improvement projects and provide support to NPD / project engineering departments throughout all project stages.
- Be committed to delivering excellence – act as an innovator, driving change and identifying and implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
We pride ourselves on embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the responsibilities involved, please see the role profile by selecting the "download PDF" link at the top of the page.