Whisky Innovation Technologist
- UK & Ireland
- Job Type
- Engineering / Technical
- Closing Date
Are you self-motivated to seek out opportunities to innovate with excellent interpersonal skills that enable working with a wide variety of areas and levels of responsibility? If so, this could be the role for you!
We are looking for a Whisky Innovation Technologist to lead all distillery based whisky innovation projects and support blend planning and DRAMS allocation process.
Based at our Customer Service Centre in Strathclyde Business Park, Bellshill, This role will support and enable the ambitious plans of a growing global spirits company with a portfolio of premium brands, including Glenfiddich, Hendricks Gin and Grant's whisky to name but a few.
From day one you will be responsible for a number of exciting tasks, including:
- Lead and project plan all Distillery based whisky innovation projects and deliver the agreed programme of innovations
- Lead a cross functional whisky innovation forum (D&T, commercial and marketing)
- Work closely with the NLD area Leader to ensure a consistent approach to innovation and new liquid development and that all processes, plans are documented.
- Support the blending and vatting activity planning process for Girvan and Dufftown spirit supply and ensure that instructions for implementation are available and communicated to the Spirit Supply teams in a clear and concise manner. Review progress/learnings and amend the activity program if/as required
- Analyse the bottling demand and forecasts to ensure all spirit required by the Supply Chain for bottling is available on time and in full in line with the bottling plan
- Assist with liquid development for key brand projects, liaising with relevant Global brand teams.
- Support Master Blender across product innovation / development and category analysis on an ongoing basis
We pride ourselves in embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
You should be educated to degree level in a science discipline with an expert understanding of distillery processes and maturation. You should have excellent interpersonal skills that enable working with a wide variety of areas and levels of responsibility.
For comprehensive details of this exciting role and the skills required, please see the success profile by following the link below.
As the largest Scotch whisky distiller still remaining in family ownership, we take a long term view of our business and are committed to developing and supporting our people. If you would like to be a part of this, please apply now, we’d love to hear from you!